Thursday, August 1, 2013

DONE WITH THE BAR EXAM & my relationship with the Lord couldn't be better :)

I've spent the last 2.5 months studying ~10 hrs/day, 5 days/week (usually getting in some extra hours of studying on the weekends).  Studying for the bar exam consumed my life and I was struggling to find a balance of working hard for the Lord and yet giving Him control over my studies.  It was a really hard 10 weeks, usually filled with me getting to the end of my day and realizing I had been so focused on studying that I had failed to keep my eyes fixed on Him and His promises.  I found myself agitated and and constantly thinking selfish thoughts about how important my studies were, which was usually at the expense of those I love most, unfortunately.

BUT all of this work, sweat, tears, etc. came down to two days (July 30th & 31st).  Though I may have done a terrible job relying completely on the Lord for the last 3 months, He is faithful even when we are faithless.  Over the last three days, my intimacy with God has been inexplicable.  He has shown Himself in mighty ways and through His Word He is reminding me that no matter how long it takes for us to "get it right," He is forever loving and true.  I have also been more fully comprehending that this walk of faith is not about "doing things right," it is about doing things with Him.

SO, on Monday I woke up to sweet notes from my AMAZING sister giving me lots of encouragement.

AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE
sweet words to give me confidence
great reflection

Then it was off to downtown Indy for the exam!  In all honesty, the test was extremely difficult.  I felt unprepared for a majority of the information, BUT God was with me through it all!  He gave me peace and has helped me rest assured that it is in His hands, and He is totally in control.  No matter what, He is good and I will put my trust completely in Him, even in the midst of adversity!

Overall, a great experience to draw me closer to the True Judge who is Sovereign over all!!





2 comments:

  1. Yay lady! So happy that the bar exam is out of the way and you can focus 100% on Africa! Love you!

    ReplyDelete