Monday, October 29, 2012

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Today marks the one year celebration of my name (Michelle Elizabeth Moss) being written in the Book of Life!!  It was around noon on October 29, 2011 in Pastor Bill's office that I gave my life to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, accepting His gift of salvation.  I confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and believed in my heart that God raised him from the dead. - Romans 10:9.  It was at that moment that I made the best decision of my entire life!!!!

God has been leading me down His path of righteousness over the past year, pruning me, convicting me of sin, and completely transforming every area of my life!  I heard a sermon once where the pastor said that while people can discuss and argue about theology, your own testimony about how Christ changed your life is irrefutable . . . and I completely agree!!  While we may be able to have a detailed debate about certain areas of the Christian faith, I look back on my life and am in awestruck wonder of the grace and mercy of God, knowing with complete certainty that it is only through His redeeming power that one year ago I was made a new creation in Christ Jesus.

Words simply cannot express my gratitude and thankfulness for generations of Christians who have shared their faith with others.  My decision to become a follower of Christ was possible because for roughly 2,000 years people have been taking the Great Commission seriously, many facing persecution, suffering and even death to share this Good News .  I pray God will use me to continue His great work on making His name known to all the nations.

I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.  Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.   - Philippians 3:7-8

But as for me, how good it is to be near God!  I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.   - Psalm 73:28

No comments:

Post a Comment