Wednesday, October 3, 2012

IT'S MY NEW BIRTH DAY!

Today is my NEW BIRTH DAY! (Megan) On this day 2 years ago, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior! My name was recorded in the Book of Life on 10-3-10. Little to my knowledge then, God had been working on my heart and in my life, getting me to a place where I'd accept His free gift of salvation. I will be eternally grateful for the grace poured out on me by my Heavenly Father. He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to this earth to die, paying the penalty for my sins by His own blood. Then He sent His Holy Spirit to dwell inside of me, leading and directing me through this life. Oh the day when I can see my Maker's face and bow in awe at the foot of His throne. 

Birthdays are all about celebration. If you have made Jesus Christ Lord of your life, enjoy today by reflecting on and thanking God for all He has done in your life! If you have not, what are you waiting for? There is new life with Christ. I'm a living testimony of it. 

P.S. I hope when we're in Heaven we can celebrate the day of our salvation with Jesus. Oh, what a party it would be!!

P.P.S. I also have to share what I call my "salvation song". It was while this song played at my church, that I surrendered my life to Christ. And, God is so good... I heard it on the radio this morning as I drove to work!! Listen to it here!


If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. -Romans 9:9

1 comment: